Front Desk Agent (Part Time)
Position Title:Front Desk Agent (Part Time)
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
Assure highest possible level of guest satisfaction. Responsible for capturing sales through reservations and sales inquiries. Coordinates front office activities to assure that guest service standards are consistently met and optimum numbers of rooms are occupied.
- Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests, homeowners and employees.
- Sells the value of Purgatory Resort to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms.
- Probes to uncover as much information from guest as possible to assist in the gathering of potential sales leads, as well as understanding/defining market segmentation’s.
- Processes guest reservations, registrations, payments, and departures.
- Handles collection efforts of all in house balances and notifies management of potential liabilities.
- Balances all cash, checks, credit card and city ledger accounts through verification. Shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned.
- Responsible for thorough understanding and effective performance of property management system.
- Maintain and organize work area and clean Front Desk daily.
- Respond to all guest requests and follow through to assure satisfactory outcome and compliance.
- Offer guest assistance when needed whenever possible.
- Complies with all safety and security policies in accordance with Purgatory Resort standards.
- Involves cross training into the bellman and housekeeping areas so that assistance can be given as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year lodging experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compete rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.