Position Title:F&B Director
Reports To:General Manager
Department:Food & Beverage
Do you love to ski or ride? If you have a passion for the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join the team at Purgatory to help us create and foster a strong culture of guest service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region. Purgatory is currently recruiting for a hardworking, outgoing and fun loving individual to serve as our Food and Beverage Director. Under the guidance of the Resort General Manager, the Food and Beverage Director is responsible for all aspects of food service operations including budgeting, financials, margin improvement, team-building, talent development and long-term, strategic planning.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and manage all aspects of food service operations at Purgatory Resort, including multiple restaurants, cafeterias, barbecues, banquet/event venues in all seasons as follows:
|Backside Bistro||On Mountain||Lunch||Upscale lunches||100|
|Village Market & Deli||Plaza||Breakfast/Lunch/Apres||Breakfast, Sandwiches, Salads, Grab & Go||40|
|Dante’s||On Mountain||Lunch||Cafeteria Style||150|
|Backside Bistro||On Mountain||Lunch||Upscale casual on-mountain dining with views||50|
|Hoody’s||Slopeside||Lunch/Apres/Dinner||Bar & Special Events||125|
|Powderhouse||On Mountain||Lunch||Pizza, Grab & Go||165|
|Purgy’s||Slopeside||Lunch & Dinner||Cafeteria Lunch/Upscale Casual Dinner||250|
|Paradise Pizzeria & Ice Creamery||Plaza||Lunch/Dinner||Pizza, Wings, Bar, Ice Creamery||80|
|Kendall Mtn Liquors||Plaza||Retail||Liquor, Beer, Wine, Mixers, Glassware||0|
- Supervise the food service team in the development of strategic planning, budgeting, revenue, labor and expense initiatives for all venues that will provide consistent growth and profitability.
- Coordinate long-term capital improvement projects in all venues.
- Creatively develop on-going, long-term plan (5-10 year) for F&B, focusing on yield, guest service, COGS control and keeping up with industry trends and customer demands.
- Position venue offerings, menus and service standards that will differentiate each venue, maximize revenue, promote excellent guest service, and ensure high quality consistent product delivery.
- Develop targeted sales and marketing programs, cross-selling/upselling programs, promotions & special events and frequency programs aimed at maximizing visitor volumes and yields to maximize profitability.
- Oversee event calendar for F&B venues, including live music, promotions, give-aways, parties, special events, themed dining options and more. Responsible for booking and event coordination with live entertainment.
- Create a sophisticated yield management program and culture that maximizes profitability and margins.
- Implement total quality management practices and utilize industry benchmark/service standards to drive quality, consistency, cleanliness and fun, creative and inviting venue atmospheres.
- Recruit, hire, orient, train and mentor the performance of all food service managers and supervisors and assist the managers in the recruiting, hiring and managing of their front-line staff. Create a strong core team with a focus on retention and guest service.
- Actively participate in succession planning and career path development of all F&B staff, with a focus on retention and employee morale.
- Create and implement ongoing training, financial management and service skill development programs for all food service venues.
- Coordinate effective planning in all units for staffing/scheduling, menu planning, procedures and specifications. Develop menus/recipe cards, plating and presentation standard, use records and monthly cost of goods tracking.
- Develop cost controls and consistent monitoring of budgets to meet income per skier visit, cost of sales percentages, payroll percentages and fixed cost budgets. Perform weekly analysis versus criteria and take immediate steps to correct variances so performance of all units meets or exceed budgets.
- Coordinate on-site events including weddings, family reunions, group/corporate events and company events including preparing banquet event orders, executing those orders and meeting event standards. Work with Event Coordinators to help market, sell, and close these events.
- Oversee all special event staffing including scheduling, recruitment, on-boarding and training. Effectively supervise staff during event execution.
- Work with counterparts in other resort departments at Purgatory on issues and opportunities affecting the resort.
- Work with Food Service suppliers to establish standards for procurement, finalize contracts and streamline food, paper and cleaning supplies for COGS management.
- Strategically seek and finalize sponsorship agreements that are lucrative for the department and create positive relationships for the resort.
- Other assignments and tasks as mutually agreed upon.
- Degree in business, hospitality, food service and/or resort management.
- Minimum seven to ten years of experience in food service management (preferably in complex resort environments).
- Experience with Siriusware preferred, but not required.
- Strong culinary background, including concept and menu development skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Results oriented project and people management skills.