Facility Maintenance – Director
Position Title:Facility Maintenance - Director
Reports To:Vice President - Community Services
Department:Resort Services - Engineering
Proactively maintain and repair the Rresort facilities, solicit third party work where appropriate, assist with capital projects as determined/assigned, and provide support to the various Rresort divisions, with a strategic focus on teamwork, quality, profitability, guest service, and safety.
All Resort owned facilities and facilities managed for others via contract, including Purgatory Lodge, Village Center and Kendall Mountain.
- Manage the facility maintenance department and team’s personnel in a highly professional manner to promote exceptional guest service, ensure quality communication, achieve budget/financial directives, and maintain the condition of resort facilities in best-in-class status.
- Proactively manage the utilities, equipment, systems, structure, furniture, and fixtures in and around the Resort facilities within budget parameters to ensure efficient operations, quality of appearance, a safe environment, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide timely reaction to emergency and time sensitive repairs to ensure guest/homeowner safety and minimize disruption to resort operations.
- Promote consistent communication and relationship management within the Resort facilities team, with other Resort departments, and with third party vendors and contractors to help facilitate the goals of the Resort.
- Participate in annual budgeting and strategic planning for each facility with Resort management or the appropriate homeowner governing body, and provide periodic written updates and actions for presentation.
- Provide leadership and oversight on capital projects as assigned, including design, costing, value engineering, resource allocation, sub-contractor management, budget compliance, and quality assurance.
- Directly and indirectly schedule and manage all full and part time Resort facility employees, including training, mentoring, performance evaluation, and disciplinary matters.
- Create and manage the Resort facilities departmental budget, compliance with accounting controls, and collection/maintenance of labor and expense data to assist with allocations/billings.
- Solicit remodels and projects from community residences and third parties as appropriate, using internal resources for small tasks and acting as the “general contractor” for larger engagements. Manage the delicate balance between Resort/managed facilities (internal projects) and third party contracts to maintain a team spirit and maximize profitability.
- Provide team oriented support to all Resort divisions and especially to those that work directly alongside the resort facilities team, including (but not limited to) janitorial, parking, snow removal, Durango Mountain Utilities, security, landscaping, and food & beverage.
- Management, development and refinement of preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Manage and oversee the field portion of Durango Mountain Utilities propane operations.
- Provide consultations on facilities maintenance projects at Mountain Capital Partners sister properties/operations.
- Coordinating periodic maintenance inspection and repairs of residences participating in the Purgatory Resort Rental Lodging program.
- Serving as the point person for Fire Department inspections including resolution of Fire Department inspection issues and assisting in the coordination of required fire/emergency drills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Management experience and demonstrated skill in managing skilled tradesmen including goal-setting, planning, execution, personnel issues, conflict resolution and team building, and client relationships.
- Knowledge of building and site work systems.
- Organizational skills, record keeping and documentation.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Project management skills including scheduling, expediting, contract administration and regulatory compliance.
- Electrical system troubleshooting and repair
- Appliance and commercial kitchen equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Plumbing system repair and maintenance of glycol, potable water and sanitary systems
- Boiler system troubleshooting and repair
- HVAC system troubleshooting and repair
Education or Formal Training: Advanced education (college undergrad degree) and certifications (propane operator and pool operator) are preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of management and building maintenance experience on similar types and range of facilities. Diversity of trade and technical expertise/experience preferred.
85% of the work day is spent indoors: 15% of the work day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including snow, extreme cold and wet in winter and heat, thunder and lightening storms in summer.
15% of the work day is spent standing, 35% of the day is spent walking and 40% is spent sitting.
Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, smelling and , listening. Frequently engage in normal conversation. Frequent use of near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Occasionally climbing, balancing and crawling.
Noise levels reach 115 decibels for up to 1/2 hour a day. Occasional exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, high exposed worksites and caustic, toxic chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases in the atmosphere: occasional exposure to burns, radiant energy, explosives, caustic or toxic chemicals and poor ventilation. This is a non-skiing position.Apply Now