Expert Edge Sales Clerk
Position Title:Expert Edge Sales Clerk
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
Fit skis, boots and poles for our guests in an efficient and courteous manner. Use proper rental procedures that meet industry standards.
- Rent ski equipment based on industry standards. Fit boots to skiers feet, select ski and pole length according to skier information.
- Adjust ski bindings according to binding manufacturer’s specifications.
- Complete proper documentation on all rental agreement forms.
- Maintain equipment, sharpening and waxing skis.
- Clean shop and work areas, to maintain a safe working environment.
- Check all safety equipment daily for proper function.
- Use all safety equipment and procedures at all times. Be aware of the safety of people working around machines and equipment at all times.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Operate machinery in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to the machines and to protect corporate property.
- Calibrate equipment, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid customer relations skills. Basic knowledge of mechanical principles.
- Simple filing ability.
- Basic technical knowledge of skis, boots and bindings.
- Basic computer skills.
- Alertness, precision, problem solving, concentration, judgment, patience, oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
- A minimum of three (3) months of customer service experience.
- Retail or rental experience preferred.
- Ski and Boot experience preferred.