Position Title:Executive Chef
Reports To:Food and Beverage Director
Department:Food and Beverage
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing outdoor recreation lifestyle resort company in the U.S.? Mountain Capital Partners (MCP) is creating a collection of resorts, including Purgatory (Durango, CO), Arizona Snowbowl (Flagstaff, AZ), Sipapu (Taos, NM), and Pajarito (Los Alamos, NM). Our focus is serving the rapidly growing southwestern region population base. If you have a passion for the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join MCP to create and foster a strong culture of guest service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region.
MCP is committed to growing our community of outdoor enthusiasts by consistently and dramatically improving the offerings and experience at each of our resorts, accelerating winter and summer visits and driving revenue growth at existing resorts while acquiring new resorts that add strategic value.
Purgatory Resort is currently recruiting for an Executive Chef to be accountable for the overall success of the resort culinary program and daily kitchen operations. The focus of this position will be to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility
- Leads kitchen management team. Provides guidance and direction to F&B management team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Promote a healthy back of house environment in line with the Purgatory Brand Communicate effectively with executive teams, managers and supervisors, co-workers, and front line employees
- Lead kitchen training for back of house employees including safety, food safety, knife skills, new cooking techniques, and the use of kitchen equipment .
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas to manage controllable expenses including food costs, uniforms and equipment.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers daily.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints utilizing surveys and comment cards.
Education or Formal Training
Required: High School diploma or GED. Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Preferred: 2 or 4 year college degree from a recognized culinary program.
More than 5 years of F&B management experience, with at least 2 years in a Sous Chef role.
Material and equipment directly used
Basic office equipment including computers, phone and fax.
A variety of kitchen equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
90% of the workday is spent indoors in an office or kitchen environment. 10% of the work day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme cold and heat, snow, wet, thunder and lightning storms. 40% of the day is spent walking, 40% of the day is spent standing and 20% is spent sitting.
Occasional skiing to on mountain restaurants will be required.
Frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds and pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 80 pounds. Constantly balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering and feeling. Constantly engage in normal conversation in often noisy back of house environments.
Constant exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, burns and radiant energy. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors and gases.