Position Title:Executive Chef
Reports To:Director of Hospitality
Department:Food and Beverage
- Leads kitchen management team.
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Associates or Bachelors in Culinary Arts or related field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a chef, at least three years in a supervisory role such as Executive Sous Chef
- Solid knowledge of computer applications, Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Strong typing, written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.