Reports To:Transportation Manager
Transportation: Ensure the safe and efficient transport of employees and guests. Accurate record keeping, safety checks of assigned vehicles and equipment. Drive scheduled routes as required. Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situations.
Community Services: Coordination using multiple line phones of homeowner pickup requests. Answering guest questions in regards to transportation services, pricing, and resort amenities. Must have adept communication with all other Purgatory Departments during daily operations.
- Assigns and schedules reservations for guests and homeowners needing our transportation services.
- Coordinate all residential and community service needs including reservations and billing.
- Dispatches drivers to scheduled routes and pick-ups via 2-way radios.
- Follow all DOT/FMSCA/CSP and PUC rules and regulation. Do weekly audits on all required paperwork.
- Provide accounting/billing support for transportation services.
- Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/problems.
- On a needed basis, drive vehicles.
- Writing reports or other correspondence, researching in formation, answering telephones, taking messages, developing spreadsheets, completing purchase requests, faxing documents, posting mail, distributing documents, straightening and organizing corporate files.
- Handle ski/snowboard equipment.
- Fuel vehicle when needed.
- Wash vehicles when needed.
- Ability to install tire chains on vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid interpersonal communications/customer relations skills and basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required. Basic Excel knowledge. Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred.
Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situation.
Education/Formal Training: High School diploma or GED preferred. Current state issued Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record are required.
Medical Certification: Ability to pass a medical certification test (DOT physical).
Experience: Must 21 years or older.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Computers/computer software, e-mail, accounting programs, telephones, 2-way radios and other office equipment.
Bus and passenger van, cleaning equipment and supplies. Vehicle maintenance equipment and supplies. Ski/snowboard equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
20% of the workday is spent driving vehicles, often in extreme and/or adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and snow. 80% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Occasional exposure to non-harmful fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases. Potential hazards include but are not limited to: mechanical, electrical, and road hazards. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally necessary to “dig out” and push vans from stuck locations. Constantly operating vehicle controls when driving. Frequently stoops, crouches, reaches, and handles objects. Constant use of near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, and color vision are essential to job performance.Apply Now