Community Services Accountant
Position Title:Community Services Accountant
Reports To:Vice President - Community Services, Accounting Manager
Department:Community Services and Accounting
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing outdoor recreation lifestyle resort company in the U.S.? Mountain Capital Partners (MCP) is creating a collection of resorts, including Purgatory (Durango, CO), Arizona Snowbowl (Flagstaff, AZ), Sipapu (Taos, NM), and Pajarito (Los Alamos, NM). Our focus is serving the rapidly growing southwestern region population base. If you have a passion for the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join MCP to create and foster a strong culture of guest service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region.
MCP is committed to growing our community of outdoor enthusiasts by consistently and dramatically improving the offerings and experience at each of our resorts, accelerating winter and summer visits and driving revenue growth at existing resorts while acquiring new resorts that add strategic value.
Purgatory is currently recruiting for a Community Services Accountant who will be responsible for community association accounting functions. The Community Services Accountant will be responsible for homeowner accounting, accounts payable, collections, the annual budget along with a number of other HOA related duties. Successful candidates should be outgoing and enjoy interacting with people in addition to being detail oriented with great time management skills.
Perform community association accounting functions supporting Resort homeowner association and timeshare clients.
- Responsible for homeowner association accounts including compilation and distribution of assessment invoices, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue, expenses and owner database.
- Will perform a monthly review of the association accounts to include appropriate journal entries, review of due-to/due-from balances, and reconciliation and research for all accounts as deemed necessary.
- Monitor past due activity in compliance with individual association collections policy
- Supervise and assign the Association Bookkeeper routine accounting tasks
- Compile monthly fund based financial statements for association boards and management, and present statements to the board.
- Work with the Community Services team and association boards to draft, refine and finalize annual budgets for each association and timeshare.
- Facilitate annual audits of homeowner associations’ books, annual tax preparation and internal controls as required.
- Coordinate communications with community residents, Club non-resident members, guests and internal staff to provide financial and account information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Strong organizational, record management, accounting knowledge, and multi-tasking skills to handle multiple association clients, boards and projects simultaneously.
Proficient skills in Microsoft software including: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and web applications. Experience in QuickBooks preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong work prioritization and time management skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely, efficient and personable manner.
Education and Formal Training:
Bachelor’s or Associates’ degree in accounting OR high school diploma and minimum five years’ experience in accounting.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, telephones, and office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
100% of the work day is spent indoors, in a normal office environment. 60% of the workday is spent sitting, 10% is spent standing and 30% is spent walking.
Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Constantly engaged in ordinary conversation. Constant use of near acuity and fingering, in use of computer keyboard. Constant use of depth perception, color and field of vision. Frequently reaching, handling and fingering. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and feeling.
Occasional exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, fumes, odors and poor ventilation. Frequent exposure to Ultra-low frequency radiation (VDT).