Childcare Assistant Manager
Position Title:Childcare Assistant Manager
- Assist the Youth Programs Manager in providing a safe, fun and professional environment for children.
- Support the Youth Programs Manager in the daily operating of the Children’s Center and all related kids programs.
- To act as the in lead example and be a mentor to staff, and a liaison between parents and management, in the den.
- Supervise staff on a daily basis. Responsible for assigning works.
- Monitor programs to ensure care provided is appropriate and safe.
- Resolve concerns and problems to the satisfaction of the guest while protecting the company interest.
- Ensure that all employees speak and act in a manner which is professional and appropriate to being in the presence of children at all times.
- Communicate training needs to the Youth Programs Manager.
- Communicate progress and problems to the Youth Programs Manager in a timely manner.
- Instruct lessons as required.
- Ensure Childcare offices and equipment are secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a non-skiing position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent understanding of the physical and mental development of children. Excellent teaching and supervisory skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Alertness, precision, problem-solving, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, speaking, writing and reading ability, memory, creativity, reasoning, imagination, initiative, judgment, common sense and patience are necessary abilities.
Must be able to pass background check.
Education or Formal Training:
High School diploma or GED. General knowledge of basic first aid, & CPR.
This position must have verifiable education or training in work with children in such areas as recreation, education, or 4-H and the program Manager/Assistant Manager must have completed as least one of the following qualifications:
- A four (4) year college degree with a major such as recreation, education with a specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education, or a subject in human service field.
- Two years of college training and six (6) months of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or equivalent part time-time, paid or volunteer, experience, since the attaining the age of eighteen (18), in the care and supervision of 4 or more children.
- Three years of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or equivalent part time-time, paid or volunteer, experience, since the attaining the age of eighteen (18), in the care and supervision of 4 or more children. The program Manager/ Assistant Manager must complete six (6) semester hours, nine (9) quartered hours in course work from a regionally accredited college or university, or forty (40) clock hours of training in course work applicable to school-age children with in the first nine months of employment.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Simple office equipment, cleaning supplies, Nordic skis, childcare products.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent indoors in a child care setting, 20% of the time is spent sitting, 50% walking and 30% standing. 10% of the time is spent outdoors in cold, wet and snow, 50% of the time is spent standing and 50% is spent walking.
Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling students weighing up to approximately 100 pounds. Occasionally operate controls. Frequently kneeling, reaching, crouching, and crawling. Constantly balancing, stooping, and engaging in ordinary conversation. Occasionally climbing, handling, fingering and feeling objects. Constantly tasting, smelling, using field of vision, color vision, and near and far acuity.
Occasional exposure to fumes, dusts, mists, odors and poor ventilation. Potential frequent hazards include, kicking and biting children and exposure to blood, viruses, and bacteria.
Wage Range depending on experienceApply Now