Position Title:Central Cashier
Reports To:Revenue Accountant
Manage the daily deposits, change and revenue supplies that reside within the cashier vault. Be available at all times during your shift for change orders and revenue related issues. Assist in preparing non-financial reports and journal entries.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide change for all locations on mountain, including commercial tenants.
- Receive and log bank bags with cash and credit card receipts.
- Balance cash and credit card receipts.
- Prepare bank deposit for security transport.
- Count cash received per operator from each department and balance to department cash count sheet.
- Audit cash cage vault and prepare change orders. Other safe audits may be necessary during the season.
- Prepare Non-financial reports and journal entries daily; including but not limited to the skier count, snow report, room nights and estimated daily payroll report.
- Communicate errors and findings to the revenue auditor to help research over/short discrepancies.
- Occasionally, be the support for operators that have close out issues. This requires a simple understanding of how close out reports are generated in the point of sale.
- Perform monthly inventory of cash cage supplies. Notify revenue accountant when re-order is necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Basic knowledge of accounting principles and computer skills. Solid cash counting skills. Proficient use of Excel and 10 Key ability. Alertness, precision, ingenuity, concentration, and patience are necessary. Basic oral and written communication skills are required for inter-company communications.
Experience: At least 3 months experience in bookkeeping and cash counting preferred.Apply Now