CDL Driver – Class B
Position Title:CDL Driver - Class B
Reports To:Transportation Manager
Department:265 - Transportation
- Drive scheduled routes. Perform safe and efficient operation of all transportation vehicles and equipment including: related maintenance, daily record keeping, safety checks of assigned vehicles or equipment. Provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information relative to all services and special activities
- Safely transport employees and guests in company vehicles.
- Maintain operating schedule and report any problems immediately.
- Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/problems.
- Clean and maintain vehicles in good working order. Report any maintenance requirements immediately.
- Other Responsibilities
- Handle ski/snowboard equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situations. Solid interpersonal communications/customer relations skills and basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required. Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred.
- Alertness, spatial perception, judgment, concentration, patience, near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision and visual discrimination are required abilities.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Current Colorado Commercial Driver’s License – Class B required. A clean driving record required.
- Must be 18 years or older. Previous commercial driving experience required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Bus, passenger van, cleaning equipment and supplies, vehicle maintenance equipment and supplies, ski/snowboard equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
70% of the work day is spent driving vehicles, often in extreme and/or adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and snow. Occasional fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases. Potential hazards include mechanical and electrical, and road hazards. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 100 pounds. Occasionally necessary to “dig out” and push vans from stuck positions. Constantly operating the vehicle controls. Frequently stoops, crouches, reaches, handles, and fingers objects. Constant use of near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, and color vision.Apply Now