CDL Driver – Class A or B with P2 Endorsement
Position Title:CDL Driver - Class A or B with P2 Endorsement
Reports To:Transportation Manager
Drive scheduled routes. Perform safe and efficient operation of all transportation vehicles and equipment including: related maintenance, daily record keeping, and safety checks of assigned vehicles or equipment. Provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information relative to all services and special activities
- Safely transport employees and guests in company vehicles.
- Maintain operating schedule and report any problems immediately.
- Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/problems.
- Ensure vehicles are clean, maintained, and in good working order.
- Immediately report any problems or maintenance requirements to the Transportation Manager.
- Diligent and thorough daily inspections before operating a CMV.
- Abide by all DOT, FMSCA, CSP, and PUC rules and regulations when operating a CMV.
- Handle ski/snowboard equipment.
- Fuel vehicle when needed.
- Wash vehicles when needed.
- Ability to install tire chains on vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situations. Solid interpersonal communications/customer relations skills and basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required. Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred.
Alertness, spatial perception, judgment, concentration, patience, near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision as well as visual discrimination is required on a daily basis.
Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED preferred. Must hold a current Commercial Driver’s License – minimum Class B required. An acceptable driving record is also required. Passenger Endorsement required (P2).
Experience: Must be 21 years or older. Previous commercial driving experience required.
Medical Certification: Ability to pass a medical certification test (DOT physical), including pre-employment Drug Screen. All new hire CDL drivers are required to provide information to furnish a 3-year Drug and Alcohol history check from previous employers.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Bus and passenger van, cleaning equipment and supplies. Vehicle maintenance equipment and supplies. Ski/snowboard equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent driving vehicles, often in extreme and/or adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and snow. 10% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Occasional exposure to non-harmful fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases. Potential hazards include but are not limited to: mechanical, electrical, and road hazards. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 75 pounds. Occasionally necessary to “dig out” and push vans from stuck locations. Constantly operating vehicle controls when driving. Frequently stoops, crouches, reaches, and handles objects. Constant use of near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, and color vision are essential to job performance.