Base Operations Foreman
Position Title:Base Operations Foreman
Reports To:Grounds Supervisor
To maintain the resort grounds on a year round basis, as well as working with the Grounds Supervisor in the daily maintenance of the Resort.
- Supervise and train all heavy equipment operators.
- Plow snow from roads, parking lots and common areas ensuring safe and timely access.
- Sand the roads to improve the safety of driving conditions.
- Maintain snowplowing equipment. Coordinate with vehicle maintenance for repair and problem resolution.
- Inspect all Purgatory owned and/or leased roadways and parking areas to ensure adequate drainage and continuing good condition.
- Check all safety equipment daily for proper function.
- Oversee all snow removal staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate and assist the Parking Supervisor on daily duties as needed.
- Shovel, snow blow and sweep all walk ways, stairs, driveways and pedestrian ways.
- Maintain drainage, minimize ice and sand as necessary.
- Mowing, weeding, edging and mulching.
- Maintain all landscape needs, oversee landscape volunteers and watering potted flower plants.
- Keep all exterior common areas and grounds safe, aesthetically pleasing, clean and tidy.
- Coordinate erection of festival tent and assembly of the interior.
- Create and maintain daily and weekly schedules for staff
- Maintain time and labor reports
- Manage creation of budget and develop labor improvement efforts
- Maintain and repair Alpine slide and sleds. Prepare the alpine slide for summer and winter.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures at all times using proper equipment.
- Be aware of the safety of people working around machines at all times.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Operate machinery in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to the machines and to protect corporate property, the forest land, wildlife habitat and natural resources.
- Be responsible for and maintain the recycling program with the assistance of all departments.
- Conserve energy wherever possible.
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of heavy machinery operation.
- Have working knowledge of irrigation systems and general landscaping understanding.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, concentration, judgment, initiative, patience, oral and written communication skills, are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Experience: One year of heavy equipment operation required.Apply Now