Reports To:AGM and GM of Plaza Restaurants
Department:Food and Beverage
Front Line Guest Service Interaction.
Serve the bartenders as requested using excellent service skills.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Ensure there is always enough back up liquor
- Run to the storage area to get alcohol if any bartender runs out
- Change kegs when required
- Pick up empty glasses and bottles from the tables and outside the bar (called bussing)
- Wipe down tables and bar tops
- Re-stock garnishes and mixes
- Always ensure there is enough clean glassware
- Re-stock ice when needed
- Maintain clean rags in each bartender’s station
- Cuts fruit to specification and prepares all condiment caddies.
- Collects trash from all outlets throughout shift, as well as wiping down walls behind trash containers.
- Distributes clean bar towels, as well as, collects soiled ones and discards them in the appropriate place.
- Collects all excess glasses from bars and restocks them in their appropriate outlets in accordance to specification, along with retrieving bar glassware from dish areas.
- Organizes and cleans pump rooms, coolers, and storage areas to specification.
- Sweeps and mops pump room, coolers, and storage area floors.
- Soaks and cleans soda bag-in-box hoses and nozzles.
- Replaces and rotates draught beer kegs, liquor pump rooms and soda bag-in-boxes as required.
- When assisting the bartenders with orders, uses suggestive selling/up-selling practices.
- Approaches guests and welcomes them upon arrival.
- Uses guest names during interactions and remembers their preferences.
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management.
- Thanks guest, wishes them good luck, offers a warm farewell, and invites them back upon departure.
- Requires evidence of age of any guest who appears to be under the age of thirty (30).
- Continuously monitors bar to ensure that all guest are receiving beverage service in a timely manner.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid bar service knowledge and interpersonal communications/ guest relations skills. Basic records management and accounting skills.
Education or Formal Training: None required. Beverage safety course preferred.
Experience: 2 Years experience bartending.