Reports To:General Manager/Assistant General Manager
Department:Food and Beverage
Front Line Guest Service Interaction.
Serve the bartenders as requested using excellent service skills.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Ensure there is always enough back up liquor
- Run to the storage area to get alcohol if any bartender runs out
- Change kegs when required
- Pick up empty glasses and bottles from the tables and outside the bar (called bussing)
- Wipe down tables and bar tops
- Re-stock garnishes and mixes
- Always ensure there is enough clean glassware
- Re-stock ice when needed
- Maintain clean rags in each bartender’s station
- Cuts fruit to specification and prepares all condiment caddies.
- Collects trash from all outlets throughout shift, as well as wiping down walls behind trash containers.
- Distributes clean bar towels, as well as, collects soiled ones and discards them in the appropriate place.
- Collects all excess glasses from bars and restocks them in their appropriate outlets in accordance to specification, along with retrieving bar glassware from dish areas.
- Organizes and cleans pump rooms, coolers, and storage areas to specification.
- Sweeps and mops pump room, coolers, and storage area floors.
- Soaks and cleans soda bag-in-box hoses and nozzles.
- Replaces and rotates draught beer kegs, liquor pump rooms and soda bag-in-boxes as required.
- When assisting the bartenders with orders, uses suggestive selling/up-selling practices.
- Approaches guests and welcomes them upon arrival.
- Uses guest names during interactions and remembers their preferences.
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management.
- Thanks guest, wishes them good luck, offers a warm farewell, and invites them back upon departure.
- Requires evidence of age of any guest who appears to be under the age of thirty (30).
- Continuously monitors bar to ensure that all guest are receiving beverage service in a timely manner.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid bar service knowledge and interpersonal communications/ guest relations skills. Basic records management and accounting skills.
Education or Formal Training: None required. Beverage safety course preferred.
Experience: 2 Years experience bartending.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Cash register, credit card validation machine, cleaning agents.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
Indoor restaurant environment. May be hired to work in an outdoor bar environment. 95% of the workday is spent standing and 75% is spent walking. Occasionally lift and carry objects up to 150 pounds. Constantly operating controls, reaching for, feeling, fingering and handling objects. Occasionally stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Constantly using near and far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color and field of vision.
Constant exposure to fumes and odors. Potential hazards include mechanical, electrical and toxic, caustic chemicals (cleaning supplies). This is a non-skiing position.Apply Now