Assistant Manager of the Durango Mountain Club
Position Title:Assistant Manager of the Durango Mountain Club/Durango Mountain Institute/Pinnacle Residence Club
Reports To:General Manager of the Durango Mountain Club
Department:Durango Mountain Club
- With the GM and Club Coordinator as a 3-person management team, directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the service areas of the Club, including formal and casual dining, bar service, continental breakfast, general housekeeping, front of the house reception, family game room, locker room, fitness area, day spa, ski valet, pool/hot tub area and rest rooms.
- Pinnacle Residence Club: the AM will be cross trained on concierge operations and will provide oversight management of PRC operations with the GM.
- Durango Mountain Institute: provide oversight of Institute operations to include food/beverage and service ware inventory, set-up and take down of events and planning of events and activities.
- Establish and oversee the service training program for food and beverage service personnel, to include documentation of service standards and bar and wait service processes to monitor and improve quality and efficiency. Assure consistent staff attainment of service and appearance standards.
- Develop and maintain an effective program of employee recognition and reward, to help ensure a high degree of employee morale.
- Maintain a high frequency of daily member/guest interface and contact. The successful candidate must be comfortable and confident in this highly visible role.
- Work closely with the GM and other department heads to plan, budget, coordinate and lead the activities & events of the Club and Institute to include special events for holidays and homeowner weekends.
- Serve as a key staff contact, along with the GM, for all Club staff. Create and implement daily and weekly communications mechanisms to keep line staff informed of Club/Resort updates, events and service changes. Success of this duty will be measured by how well staff are informed and able to correctly answer member and guest questions with current and accurate information.
- Partner with the GM to perform administrative duties including the monitoring of operating (labor and cost of goods sold) and capital budgets/projects for the Club, Institute and PRC to assure performance of budgetary goals.
- Work with GM to supply and track expendable inventories including glassware, beverage products and staff uniforms. Participate in the development of the Club wine, drink, and food menus and train staff to deliver with high quality and efficiency.
- Assist with non–resident membership sales by performing Club tours and orientations for new Club members.
A four year degree (preferably in Hotel/Restaurant/Club) or Business Management, 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. A person with strong, interpersonal skills, a commitment to service, and personal and professional self-confidence to lead others is critical. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Candidates should have the ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to use standard accounting, word processing, and presentation software in preparation of reports, studies, analyses, and related administrative duties. General understanding of point of sale computer systems specific to Ski/Club industry.
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
- Work duties are approximately 90% indoors; 10% outdoors.
- Outdoor activities include operational support of pool, hot tub and deck. Also include events and activities for Club members and guests, some of which are snow based. Ability to ski/snowboard is not required.
- Indoor environment includes all Club, Institute and PRC spaces including kitchens, bar, game room, fitness center, locker room, ski valet and restrooms.
- Activities can include lifting/moving heavy items such as beer kegs, furniture, fitness equipment, water jugs and skis/snowboards.
- Bar and kitchen cooking and serving implements
- IT systems including seriusware, ski valet inventory and id card
- Cleaning equipment and solutions.
- Audio/visual equipment including portable sound systems and permanently installed audio/visual systems.
Other Benefits: A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with the job’s responsibilities and individual’s experience and qualifications. Benefits include health and life insurance, PTO and ski pass.Apply Now