Purgatory Adventure Camp for Kids Group Leader
Position Title:Purgatory Adventure Camp for Kids Group Leader
Reports To:Youth Programs Manager
To provide safe, competent, fun and instructional activities for the children’s summer camp.
- Provide safe supervision of children by knowing where children are at all times and recognizing and avoiding hazardous situations.
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid.
- Teach children to: respect the environment, manage ropes, hike, and work as a team.
- Ride the bus from the down town office to the resort.
- Clean all areas of use including buses rooms and outside areas.
- Other duties assigned.
- Data entry in a data base.
- Phone correspondence with guests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must exhibit knowledge with ropes and outdoor recreation. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills. Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, aesthetic sense, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience, auditory and visual discrimination, excellent speaking and hearing ability are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: Current in First Aid and CPR or registered for First Aid and CPR course work. Current enrollment in High School or High School Diploma.
Experience: One years working with children in a camp or childcare setting.
Requirements: Ability to go through background check. Must be at least 18 years of age.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Climbing ropes, climbing harnesses and climbing protection, ropes, backpacks, helmets, communication radios.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
80% of the workday is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions: these include extreme hot and cold temperatures, rain, snow and all other conditions associated with a high alpine environment. At least 50% of the day is spent doing outdoor activities with children. 10% of the day will be riding a bus or passenger vehicle with children.
Frequently lifting children weighing up to 60 pounds, occasionally more. Constantly climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.Apply Now