Accounts Receivable Accountant
Position Title:Accounts Receivable Accountant
Reports To:Accounting Manager
Job Description: In charge of calculating, processing and invoicing accounts receivable for Durango Mountain Utilities, Purgatory Resort, Sipapu, Pajarito, Atomic City Center and other entities that the business team provides accounting services to. The accounts receivable function includes the accounting for rental owners, commercial tenants, related parties, customers and guests.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Calculate and produce monthly statements to rental owners and monthly invoices to homeowners, commercial tenants, related parties, customers and guests.
- Maintain rental owners’ permanent files, verifying current tax forms, insurance and other pertinent documents.
- Pay monthly amounts due to rental owners for their share of rental income on their unit.
- Maintain commercial tenant leases, insurance and contacts.
- Maintain customer receivable files.
- Assign new customer accounts to the accounting system as needed.
- Manage aging receivables and collections.
- Provide the Accounting Manager a monthly list of past due accounts and aged receivables.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required.
- Reconcile trade accounts receivable list to the general ledger each month.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts receivables.
- Process 1099’s for homeowner accounts at end of year.
- Handle customer inquiries professionally and timely.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with special projects as needed.
- Assist in the annual budget process for all managed companies as needed.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable manual.
- Deposit daily cash and checks received on account.
- Process credit card payments monthly.
The above is a summary of the typical functions of the Accounts Receivable Accountant and is not a comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities and duties. The responsibilities and duties of the Accounts Receivable Accountant might differ from those outlined above and that other duties, as assigned, might be a part of the job.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is helpful.
- Specific knowledge of the following software programs: Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and email.
- Knowledge of the following software programs is helpful but not necessary: Intacct and Springer Miller Systems.
- Must exhibit good oral and written skills.
- Analytical ability, alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, persuasiveness, memory, concentration, judgment, reasoning, initiative, patience are all necessary to be able to carry out the responsibilities and duties of this position.
Education or Formal Training: Accounting degree preferred, financial/business degree considered with appropriate experience.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in accounts receivable and general ledger accounting.Apply Now