Accounts Payable Administrator
Position Title:Accounts Payable Administrator
Reports To:Accounting Supervisor
- Audit invoice coding and purchase requests to ensure correct account allocation and proper authorized approvals for multiple companies.
- Confirm that services or materials have been received and signed for. Match purchase requests to invoices and enter into A/P subsidiary ledger.
- Assign new vendor numbers as needed.
- Monitor leases for monthly payment and terms.
- Provide Accounting Manager with payables cash requirements for accurate cash flow analysis.
- Supervise payment runs for open payables and verify checks before mailing. Record all voided checks during the month.
- Reconcile open accounts payable list to general ledger each month.
- Reconcile invoices and purchase requests with vendors’ monthly statements and resolve discrepancies. Obtain copies of missing invoices from vendor for approval and payment.
- Confirm that use tax is being properly paid on all taxable purchases and prepare Colorado Monthly Use tax report. Process 1099s at year-end.
- Ensure upkeep of appropriate IRS files including contract labor commitments, W-9’s, etc.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor and Manager with additional account reconciliations or analyses as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outdoor enthusiast.
- Solid knowledge of accounts payable principles. At least 3 years experience in accounts payable and general ledger.
- College education preferred.
- Basic interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills. Knowledge of Sage accounting software. Intermediate knowledge of Excel a plus.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, analytic ability, persuasiveness memory, concentration, judgement, reasoning, initiative, and patience are necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be comfortable working in open office environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Results-oriented, high energy and excelling in fast-paced work environment.
- Driven to succeed with a strong work ethic.