Position Title:Accounting Manager
Reports To:Director of Accounting
Accounting Management Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of accounting and finance for a team of resorts including monthly financial statement production, budget preparation and trend/variance analysis. Core accounting operations include cash flow management, accounts payable, inventory, accounts receivable, capital expenditures, and revenue.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual close.
- Mentor, motivate, and challenge accounting team personnel.
- Manage relationship with outside accounting firm for attest services.
- Contribute to the strategic plan, long range proforma/forecasts, perform annual operating/capital budgets, regular tax planning/returns, annual audits, monthly financial analytics and daily management reports.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting/operational controls, processes, and procedures to protect resort assets/resources and ensure the integrity of the various systems.
Financial Management Responsibilities
- Provide business services/support to the various resort and teams/departments, as necessary to maximize profits, grow revenues, control costs and optimize guest service. This includes business plans, capital project budgets, return on investment models, NSAA and competitive set bench-marking and operating strategies.
- Assist senior management with various resort and management consulting projects including capitalization, financing, financial analyses, proformas, cost control, return on investment and overall profitability strategies and initiatives.
- Provide clear and frequent communication and support to the managers of the various resorts regarding the financial status and financial needs of their respective entity/department.
- Work closely with the other managers and personnel in the Business Team (Executive, Information Technology, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Sales and Marketing) on issues such as cost/overhead allocation, hardware/software platforms, policy manuals, and payroll.
- Manage ongoing relationships with the appropriate regulatory agencies, strategic business partners and the company’s shareholders.
- Plus other responsibilities that may be needed as our companies continue to grow and expand.
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in managing the accounting functions for a company, including managing a team of people. Resort experience desirable.
- Minimum 4 year degree in accounting and finance. MBA or Masters in Accounting/Finance desirable. CPA desirable.
- Demonstrated excellence in accounting, finance, real estate finance, and related specialties
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Must be comfortable working in open office environment
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Superior project, process and people management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented, high energy and excelling in fast-paced work environment
- Driven to succeed with a strong work ethic