Accounting Manager – Mountain Capital Partners
Position Title:Accouting Manager - Mountain Capital Partners
Reports To:Director - Accounting
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing outdoor recreation lifestyle resort company in the U.S.? Mountain Capital Partners (MCP) is creating a collection of resorts, including Purgatory (Durango, CO), Arizona Snowbowl (Flagstaff, AZ), Sipapu (Taos, NM), and Pajarito (Los Alamos, NM). Our focus is serving the rapidly growing southwestern region population base. If you have a passion for the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join MCP to create and foster a strong culture of guest service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region.
MCP is committed to growing our community of outdoor enthusiasts by consistently and dramatically improving the offerings and experience at each of our resorts, accelerating winter and summer visits and driving revenue growth at existing resorts while acquiring new resorts that add strategic value.
MCP is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing the accounting function for a team of resorts. Core resort functions include winter/summer activities, restaurants, lodging, and more.
Accounting Management Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting and finance for a team of resorts including monthly financial statement production, budget preparation and trend/variance analysis. Core accounting operations include cash flow management, accounts payable, inventory, accounts receivable, capital expenditures, and revenue.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual close.
- Mentor, motivate, and challenge accounting team personnel.
- Manage relationship with outside accounting firm for attest services.
- Contribute to the strategic plan, long range proforma/forecasts, perform annual operating/capital budgets, regular tax planning/returns, annual audits, monthly financial analytics and daily management reports.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting/operational controls, processes, and procedures to protect resort assets/resources and ensure the integrity of the various systems.
Financial Management Responsibilities
- Provide business services/support to the various resort and teams/departments, as necessary to maximize profits, grow revenues, control costs and optimize guest service. This includes business plans, capital project budgets, return on investment models, NSAA and competitive set bench-marking and operating strategies.
- Assist senior management with various resort and management consulting projects including capitalization, financing, financial analyses, proformas, cost control, return on investment and overall profitability strategies and initiatives.
- Provide clear and frequent communication and support to the managers of the various resorts regarding the financial status and financial needs of their respective entity/department.
- Work closely with the other managers and personnel in the Business Team (Executive, Information Technology, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Sales and Marketing) on issues such as cost/overhead allocation, hardware/software platforms, policy manuals, and payroll
- Manage ongoing relationships with the appropriate regulatory agencies, strategic business partners and the company’s shareholders.
- Plus other responsibilities that may be needed as our companies continue to grow and expand.
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in managing the accounting functions for a company, including managing a team of people. Resort experience desirable.
- Minimum 4 year degree in accounting and finance. Masters in Accounting/Finance desirable. CPA desirable.
- Demonstrated excellence in accounting, finance, real estate finance, and related specialties.
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Must be comfortable working in open office environment
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Superior project, process and people management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Results-oriented, high energy and excelling in fast-paced work environment.
- Driven to succeed with a strong work ethic.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, telephones, and office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
100% of the work day is spent indoors, in a normal office environment. 60% of the workday is spent sitting, 10% is spent standing and 30% is spent walking.
Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Constantly engaged in ordinary conversation. Constant use of near acuity and fingering, in use of computer keyboard. Constant use of depth perception, color and field of vision. Frequently reaching, handling and fingering. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and feeling.
Occasional exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, fumes, odors and poor ventilation. Frequent exposure to Ultra-low frequency radiation (VDT).Apply Now