Purgatory Snowcat Adventures
Snowcat skiing is scheduled to operate Friday through Monday starting February 5, 2021, and are liable to change due to conditions at any time.
With access to over 35,000 acres of expansive terrain in the San Juan backcountry, Purgatory Snowcat Adventures is Colorado’s largest backcountry skiing & snowboarding operation. Your day of snowcat skiing or snowboarding includes powder-specific skis or snowboard rental, avalanche gear, lunch, and water (please let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary restrictions, and don’t forget to bring your own water bottle). Highly trained guides choose from runs ranging 500-1,500 feet on light, untracked powder through trees, glades, and open bowls of varying pitch. Guests can expect an average of 8-10 runs and 10,000′ of vertical depending on skier ability and terrain conditions.
2020/2021 Snowcat Skiing Rates*
How to Reserve
|Private Cat||Starting at $2,500||Call Now|
* Private groups only (10 people maximum), from the same household
2021 Available Dates
- February 5-8, 12-15, 19-22
- March 5-8, 12-15, 19-22, 26-29
- Additional dates may be considered on a case by case basis
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures:
- All guests must complete and pass a pre-arrival symptom tracker via The Company Nurse. Please select “Snowcat Skiing” as the location, answer all questions and display a green “pass” screen upon arrival at the Purgatory Snowcat Adventures office prior to your trip.
- Requiring all guests to be from the same household
- Masks must be worn by all guests 11+ at all times
- A window will be open to ensure appropriate ventilation
- Reduced cat capacity and removing a guide from the cab to ensure physical distancing
Skiing & Riding
Terrain & Guides
Terms & Refunds
Skiing & Riding
Purgatory Snowcat Adventures offers a full day of powder-filled skiing or snowboarding in the San Juan backcountry.
Your day of snowcat skiing or snowboarding includes avalanche gear, lunch and water (bringing your own water bottle is recommended). Morning orientation begins at 8:00 am in the Purgatory Snowcat Adventures office located in the plaza. Our highly trained guides will make an assessment of up-to-date snow conditions and skier ability to choose from three primary zones in our 35,000-acre terrain area. Skiers must be comfortable skiing black diamond runs consisting of deep powder, tight trees, steep pitches, and unmarked hazards.
Reservations are required and must be made at least 48 hours in advance.