A Letter To Our Purgatory Family
- Although all seasonal employees have now ended their winter employment, we are continuing to offer work and pay to approximately 100 year-round staff to perform essential duties, work from home or use accrued holiday and vacation time should they elect not to work due to the pandemic. A handful of employees have elected to take advantage of CARES Act programs as well if they qualify.
- We are holding out hope we may still be able to offer a few more days on the snow this season. If we have enough snow and can provide a safe experience for our employees and guests after the stay at home and other public health orders are lifted, we will consider reopening for skiing off the front side of the mountain.
- We have applied for financial assistance through the CARES Act Paycheck Protection and Economic Injury Disaster Loans programs, with the hope to keep our year-round staff employed for the foreseeable future and when we ultimately reopen the resort.
- If local and federal health guidelines allow we will offer a vibrant summer season, opening for summer on Saturday, June 20.
- We expect to launch our 2020/2021 season pass sale very soon, including new products, added values, and updated terms and conditions to reflect the new “normal” we all are forced to reconcile as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the economy and our businesses. We are excited to announce 1% of pass sales will go to supporting local small businesses affected by COVID-19! The beneficiaries will be named at a later date.