Corporate Giving Policy
Durango Mountain Resort views community involvement as a corporate responsibility. We enthusiastically endorse and are committed to supporting our community both by serving and giving. Because of the scope of our business, corporate donations take several forms. Through our Contributions Committee, Durango Mountain Resort offers in-kind and cash support, services, labor, equipment, or event hostings. On the national level, contributions are generally limited to organizations which support and benefit the health and vitality of the ski industry. On the local and statewide level, we consider not-for-profit programs, groups and causes that enrich the communities where our employees and resort guests live and work, with special consideration toward educational groups.
Our commitment is focused on educational, recreational and environmental endeavors, as well as youth development and skier safety programs that positively impact our community, the State of Colorado or our industry. Because we concentrate on having a direct and meaningful impact in the areas we have targeted to support, it is not possible to accommodate every request. In general, our corporate donation policy does not allow contributions to individuals, capital/ political campaigns or political/religious groups.
The greatest consideration will be given to those projects/organizations which:
- clearly identify a need and present an innovative way to meet that need;
- demonstrate an ability to implement the program;
- identify a general benefit to the community;
- encourage the use of volunteers; and
- provide opportunities to the community’s youth development.
In order to be considered by our committee, all contribution requests must:
- be submitted in writing at least 30 days prior to the date the donation is needed;
- provide the name of the event as well as the date on which it will take place;
- provide proper tax-exempt status;
- provide a brief summary of the organization and how it benefits the individuals it serves and the community at large;
- provide a brief summary of the function at which the donated item(s) will be used to generate funds;
- be specific with regard to item(s) requested (with the understanding that the Committee will use this only as a guideline, but will not be restricted by or limited to the requested item(s) and may choose a different item, if any);
- indicate how the funds generated by the donated item(s) will be used by the organization; and
- include contact person’s name, phone number, mailing address, and email address (if available).
Please note that any donation request not meeting the all of the above criteria is subject to possible automatic denial.
Updated application will be posted prior to the 2015/2016 winter season.
Durango Mountain Resort - Contributions Committee - 327 S. Camino del Rio - Durango, CO 81303
or via fax to (970) 426-7290 or via email to email@example.com
*Please limit your request to once per year. Any donation request granted by DMR should not be considered as a future commitment. Durango Mountain Resort receives many hundreds of requests each year making it impossible to grant all requests.